Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers Day

Well I stand amazed at the goodness of God. We’ve had a marvelous weekend with Jeff’s kids. Abby & Nathan have been here since Thursday and we’ve had a great time visiting and “catching up” with each other. Today I woke up to flowers from Jeff and the girls and Nathan cooking me breakfast! How exciting. Later today I get to have lunch with my kids, they are taking me to Campo Verde in Arlington, one of my favorite Mexican restaurants. And even in the midst of tons of activity we have gone to Whit’s softball game Friday night (she got a hit, scored and they won the game!), moved another load to Arlington and Whit spent the night Friday night. It’s been a great weekend and I have enjoyed myself immensely. I have repented for my little pitty party earlier in the week and realize God is just working on some heart issues mostly with me. But isn’t that usually the truth? It has been my experience in life when something hurts really bad it’s usually a cleansing in your heart that needs to be addressed. False expectations, illegitimate responsibility, etc. Growing in God and getting healthy is a journey called life and I hope to embrace it.



Today is Mother’s Day. It’s a day to honor our Mother, mine has been gone from this world for 5 years now and I miss her all the time but I know I will see her again in heaven so I take great peace in that. However, today I enjoy what I have here and rejoice that I have been given the honor to be a Mom to some great kids both in the natural and spiritual. My prayer for today is that God will give me and all Moms the grace to enjoy our children and let them go all at the same time. Hopefully they will continue to grow and have wonderful lives and leave a legacy for their kids as well.

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome day you have had!!!! Absolutely loved this post!!! I sense peace and joy in your heart today!! Happy Mother's Day! Today and every day!

    ReplyDelete