Sunday, August 15, 2010

Training a new generation

This summer, Sarah my step daughter has been learning to quilt.  She designed it, bought the fabric and has been working on it most of the summer.  She finished the quilt top yesterday.  It looks awesome!  So very proud of her.

As a Mother, it's always rewarding when one of your children likes some of the same things you like and then takes it that extra step and wants to learn from you.  I firmly believe in the biblical principle that older women should teach the younger.  It's all about handing down traditions.  My grandma quilted but for whatever reason I never learned how to quilt from her.  I want to be sure that any of my children or my childrens children that want to learn something from me have the opportunity to do so.  What a blessing.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. I love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mannnnnnnnn, Pam, what a GREAT blog you have!!! Your quilts are WONDERFUL!!! I love the big honkin' pictures of 'em when I click on 'em. You have taught Sarah WELL. What a ROCKIN' quilt!
    Are you selling any of your quilts???? Where's the paypal button?
    LOL LOL Love you! Marge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Girl, you make my heart smile even online! I have not sold any as yet. I hope to someday, so far they have all been gifts. I love your pics and I keep trying to sign up to follow you but it won't let me, but I'm not going to give up. I'll try from my computer at work and see if it's some setting here. Love you Margie!

    ReplyDelete