Monday, September 6, 2010

Learning & Letting Go

I'm learning to do free motion quilting, I can sew straight lines all day long and have gotten pretty good at it if I do say so myself, however when you start doing curves and circles not so much.  Now for a person that is sort of a control freak and perfectionist this is a huge effort in frustration.  As I'm working on this today after both Sarah and Abby just left to go back to their worlds God really started talking to me about letting go.  Letting go is hard for me you see.  I want everything all neat and tidy and in control.  I want to know how it all comes out and I want it to come out like I planned!  lol  With quilting and with God that doesn't always happen.  I want my circles perfect and I want my kids lives to go how I think they should, but alas the circles are somewhat wonky and my children just don't always listen to my advice.  However, when it comes to the kids they are all doing pretty good and above all they all love so that is really all that matters and the quilts I'm working on will still warm people even if every stitch isn't perfect.  In the case of this little practice piece, it will make great pot holders! Life is good, even if the quilting isn't perfect.

2 comments:

  1. I have found that there IS a difference between perfection and excellence. Perfection is flat out bondage and a DRAG to the soul, and body. It is a cruel task master in my humble experience opinion.
    Excellence on the other hand brings me peace and a "keep at it because I LIKE to do this" not because "I'm a failure if it ain't PERFECT." Just my 2 cents. Would you like for it to multiply a few hundred fold? LOL LOL LOL
    Love you! Love your honesty and LOVE LOVE LOVE the "parables by Pamela as she quilts for the King!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good word Margie! I love it and yes there is a huge difference between perfection and excellence, good reminder. Love you!

    ReplyDelete