Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Baseball, Hot Dogs & all that goes with it

The Rangers won!  So exciting.  However, I have mixed feelings about it because you see for 5 years I was the coordinator for a fundraiser for our high school band working Rangers concessions.  We made a lot of money for our kids and the band but whew was it a lot of work.  I have always loved baseball and when I was single I had season tickets.  I have not been to a baseball game since completing my duty as Manager of the concessions fundraiser.  Not sure I will, it just has a whole other meaning now and I can't think of baseball without smelling spilled beer, hundreds of hot dogs and pizza running through my head.  Silly I know but that's just the way it is.  Not only that but they are playing the Yankees in a playoff game!  I can't even imagine, Yankees on a regular game is usually a sold out busier than you can imagine game.  Wow, I will be thinking of my friends working the game but rejoicing that I'm not one of them.!  I'm excited for my Rangers though, way to go and in a very classy way too.  

1 comment: