Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010 - But God!

As I sit here this morning thinking of all the things to be thankful for I am simply amazed at the goodness of God. There are some things that have happened recently that could cause me to become angry, depressed and bitter. Truthfully my natural inclination is to do just that, but God! When I think on those things above and not beneath how could I possibly stay angry, bitter and depressed? He has done so much for me and those I hold dear (and some not so dear lol) His nature does not change, He is patient and longsuffering for us. Just thinking about it makes me want to shout from the rooftops His goodness to us.


We planned to pay off the last credit card this month, but God! Instead Sarah has had to have a lot of dental work and car repairs. But God! We didn’t have to use a credit card and we still have some money in savings, thank you for provision. Hopefully the credit card will get paid off next month.

There are a couple of people that have frustrated me and I’m sure I’ve frustrated them. But God! He is helping me to draw healthy boundaries and hopefully lead us all to patient understanding and acceptance of Him first and then each other.

2 of my children and 3 of my grandchildren are not going to be with us today. But God! For someone that wants all her family together in one place that is very hard to take. But thanking God that they are all healthy and celebrating in their own way and again I am just learning more how to let go and let each of them find their own way in this world. Hoping that they come to know Him and love Him as much as I do.

For the past couple of years He has been teaching me to “be” and not “do”. WOW, for a person that wants to “fix” everything and have everything all neat and tidy and wrapped with a pretty little bow beyond hard and frustrating. But God! So today I am focusing on all the positive things He has done in my world and truly rejoicing that He has my best interest at heart and praying that I will reflect His love and mercy as much as I can. Praying that everyone have a joyful and thankful day. Thanking God for the many blessings He has bestowed upon me, even the ones that hurt.

2 comments:

  1. You know, some folks have pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving, but you chose HUMBLE pie, beloved. Ohhhh when God's people are transparent and confess, we ALL grow. Amen and so BE it.
    LOVE YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete