Friday, November 12, 2010

Back to the quilt along

My life got incredibly busy this summer and has honestly not slowed down much but I finally was able to get another block finished on the jelly roll quilt along that ended in September.  I have 2 more to do and then put them all together.  I am very happy with how this block turned out.  I have been frustrated because I was not able to finish it on time but as I was working on this block this morning I realized it really doesn't matter that I didn't get it finished by the deadline for the quilt along but it does matter that I finish.  Isn't that how it is with God?  I don't think He cares if we meet our own self imposed deadlines and what not, what matters is are we obedient to what He has given us and will we be faithful to run the race set before us no matter what set backs and obstacles get thrown in our path?

2 comments:

  1. Both great posts and good things to remember!! I love how the Lord speaks to our hearts in our every day lives. You will always think of what you wrote: "I don't think He cares if we meet our own self imposed deadlines and what not, what matters is are we obedient to what He has given us and will we be faithful to run the race set before us no matter what set backs and obstacles get thrown in our path? " when you look at this quilt. And it is a beautiful quilt. I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete